This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
(Materials with * will be soon available at the Sherloc Bibliography Database)
- Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons Especially Women and Children, 2000.
- United Nations Convention against Transnational Crime , 2000.
- Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings, 2005.
- United Nations Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the sale of children, child prostitution and child pornography, 2000.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2008). Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons , Chapter 7: Immigration Status of Victims and their Return and Reintegration and Chapter 8: Victim Assistance. *
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2009). Model Law against Trafficking in Persons. *
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2016). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. *
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2018). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. *
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (2009). Handbook for Professionals and Policymakers on Justice in matters involving child victims and witnesses of crime. *
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2015). Introducing the United Nations model strategies and practical measures on the Elimination of Violence against Children in the field of crime prevention and criminal justice. A New Tool for Policymakers Criminal Justice Officials and Practitioners. *
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (2014). Commentary on the Recommended Principles and Guidelines on Human Rights and Human Trafficking.
- The Protection Project, Comprehensive Legal Approaches to Combating Trafficking in Persons: An International and Comparative Perspective. *
- The Inter-Agency Coordination Group Against Trafficking in Persons (2016). Issue Paper on Providing Effective Remedies for Victims of Trafficking in Persons. *
- Ryszard, Piotrowizc, Conny Rijken, and Baerbel Heide Uhl (eds) (2017). Routledge Handbook of Human Trafficking. Routledge. » especially chapters 2, 14, 16, 19, 20 and 21 *
- Todres, Jonathan (2010). Taking Prevention Seriously: Developing A Comprehensive Response to Child Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation, 43 Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law 1 *
- Ooi, Maura M. (2011). Unaccompanied Should not Mean Unprotected: The Inadequacies of Relief for Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors, 25 Georgetown Immigration Law Journal 883
- Rafferty, Yvonne (2013). Child trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation: a review of promising prevention policies and programs, 83 American Journal of Orthopsychiatry 559 *
- Mckee, Kathleen A. (2011). It's 10:00 P.M. Do You Know Where Your Children Are?, 23 Regent University Law Review 311
- Nelson, Cheryl (2014). Butler Kids for Sale: Does America Recognize Its Own Sexually Exploited Minors as Victims of Human Trafficking?, 39 Seton Hall Law Review 635
- Gallagher, Anne T. (2010). The International Law of Human Trafficking. Cambridge University Press. » especially chapters 4, 5, and 6. *