This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are (mostly open source) required readings that should be completed before taking a class based on this Module:
- Bond, Emma and Tyrell, Katie. (2018). Understanding Revenge Pornography: A National Survey of Police Officers and Staff in England and Wales.
Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Craker, Naomi. and March, Evita. (2016). The dark side of Facebook®: The Dark Tetrad, negative social potency, and trolling behaviours.
Personality and Individual Differences, Vol. 102, 79-84.
- European Parliament Policy Department for Citizens' Rights and Constitutional Affairs (2016).
Cyberbullying among young people.
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (2014).
Violence against women: an EU-wide survey. Main results report.
- Henry, Nicola and Anastasia Powell. (2017). Sexual Violence and Harassment in the Digital Era. In Antje Deckert and Rick Sarre (eds.).
The Palgrave Handbook of Australian and New Zealand Criminology, Crime and Justice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Henry, Nicola, Flynn, Asher and Powell, Anastasia. (2018). Policing Image-Based Sexual Abuse: Stakeholder Perspectives.
Police Practice and Research: An International Journal, Vol 19(6), 565-581.
- Interagency Working Group. (2016).
Terminology Guidelines for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse.
ECPAT International and ECPAT Luxembourg (Luxembourg, 28 January 2016).
- International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children. (2018).
Child Sexual Abuse Material: Model Legislation & Global Review , Ninth Edition.
- International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children. (2017).
Online Grooming of Children for Sexual Purposes: Model Legislation & Global Review , First Edition.
- International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) and The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). (2016).
Online Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation.
- Marie-Helen. (2016).
Cybercriminology. New York: Oxford University Press. Chapter 10.
- McGlynn, Clare, Rackley, Erika, and Houghton, Ruth. (2017). Beyond 'Revenge Porn': The Continuum of Image-Based Sexual Abuse.
Feminist Legal Studies, 25, 25-46 .
- Patchin, Justin. W. and Sameer Hinduja. (2011). Traditional and nontraditional bullying among youth: A test of general strain theory.
Youth and Society 43(2), 727-751.
- Ryens, Bradford W., Billy Henson, and Bonnie Fisher. (2011). Being Pursued Online: Applying Cyberlifestyle-Routine Activities Theory to Cyberstalking Victimization.
Criminal Justice and Behavior Vol. 38(11), 1149-1169.
- Suler, John. (2004). The Online Disinhibition Effect.
Cyberpsychology & Behavior, Vol. 7(3), 321-326.
- UNODC. (2015).
Study on the Effects of New Information Technologies on the Abuse and Exploitation of Children.