This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (partly open access) materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
Articles in United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and the Protocols Thereto :
- Article 26 (2) and (3): Measures to enhance cooperation with law enforcement authorities
- Article 24: Protection of witnesses
- Article 25: Assistance to and protection of victims
Legislative Guides for the Implementation of the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and the Protocols Thereto:
- Prosecution, adjudication, and sanctions
- Kelly, Robert J., Rufus Schatzberg, and Ko-lin Chin (1994). Without Fear of Retribution: The Witness Protection Program. In R.J. Kelly, K. Chin, and R. Schatzberg, eds., Handbook of Organized Crime in the United States. Greenwood Publishing, 491-504.
- Sheptycki, James (2017). Uneasy Truths; Criminal-Informants, Witness Protection, Trust and Legitimacy in the Policing of Organized Crime. In Contemporary Organized Crime: Developments, Challenges and Responses, H. Nelen and D. Siegel, eds. Springer.
- Trotter, Andrew (2012). Witness Intimidation in International Trials: Balancing the Need for Protection against the Rights of the Accused. George Washington International Law Review, vol. 44, 521-537.