This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for those interested in exploring the topics covered in this Module in more detail:
(Materials with * will be soon available at the Sherloc Bibliography Database)
- CISCO. (n.d.). Understanding the Ping and Traceroute Commands.
- Hilgenstieler, Egon, Elias P. Duarte, Glenn Mansfield-Keeni, and Norio Shiratori. (2010). Extensions to the source path isolation engine for precise and efficient log-based IP traceback. Computers & Security, Vol. 29(4), 383-392.
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU). (2012). Understanding cybercrime: Phenomena, challenges and legal response .*
- Kao, Da-Yu and Wang, Shiuh-Jeng. (2009). The IP address and time in cyber‐crime investigation. Policing: An International Journal, Vol. 32(2), 194-208. *
- Maras, Marie-Helen. (2014). Computer Forensics: Cybercriminals, Laws, and Evidence . Jones and Bartlett; Chapter 12.*
- Nur, Abdullah Yasin and Tozal, Mehmet Engin. (2018). Record route IP traceback: Combating DoS attacks and the variants. Computers & Security, Vol. 72, 13-25
- Singh, Karanpreet, Paramvir Singh, and Krishan Kumar. (2016). A systematic review of IP traceback schemes for denial of service attacks. Computers & Security, Vol. 56, 111-139.
- Steenbergen, Richard A. and Roisman, Dani. (2016). A Practical Guide to (Correctly) Troubleshooting with Traceroute.
- UNODC. (2013). Draft Comprehensive Study on Cybercrime.*
- World Economic Forum. (2016). Recommendations for Public-Private Partnership against Cybercrime .*