This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Achilli, Luigi (2017).
What Does It Mean to Disrupt the Business Models of People Smugglers? European University Institute
- Baird, Theodore (2013).
Understanding Human Smuggling as a Human Rights Issue. Danish Institute for International Studies
- Bilger, Veronika, Hofmann, Martin and Michael Jandl (2005).
Human smuggling as a transnational service industry .
- Carling, Jorgen (2002). "Migration in the Age of Involuntary Immobility - Theoretical Reflections and Cape Verdean Experiences." 28 (1)
Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 5
- Collyer, Michael (2006).
States of insecurity: consequences of Saharan transit migration. Centre on Migration, Policy and Society, University of Oxford
- Cutitta, Paolo (2017).
Delocation, Humanitarianism and Human Rights: The Mediterranean Border between Exclusion and Inclusion .
- Europol and INTERPOL (2016).
Migrant smuggling Networks, Joint Europol-INTERPOL Report, Executive Summar
- Koser, Khalid (2005).
Irregular Migration, State Security and Human Security . Global Commission on International Migration
- Koser, Khalid. (2001). "The Smuggling of Asylum Seekers into Western Europe: Contradictions, Conundrums, and Dilemmas." pp. 58-73 in Kyle, David and Koslowski, Rey (ed.)
Global Human Smuggling. Comparative Perspectives
- The National (2017).
EU's Mediterranean migrant dilemma: Are aid groups providing a ferry service for human smugglers?
- Ratha, Dilip (2013).
The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction. Migration Policy Institute, Policy Brief
- Report of the Secretary-General (2017).
Making migration work for all . A/72/643
The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
- Van Liempt, Ilse and Jeroen Doomernik (2006).
Migrant's Agency in the Smuggling Process: The Perspectives of Smuggled Migrants in the Netherlands. University of Amsterdam
- Taran, Patrick A. (2003).
Perspectives on Labour Migration 1 E. Getting at the Roots: Stopping Exploitation of Migrant Workers by Organized Crime . International Labour Organization
- Leutert, Stephanie and Caitlyn Yates (2016).
Migrant Smuggling Along Mexico's Highway System . Robert Strauss Center for International Security and Law