This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2018),
Global Study on Smuggling of Migrants
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010a),
Toolkit to Combat Smuggling of Migrants - Tool 1: Understanding the smuggling of migrants , pp. 3-26
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010b),
Smuggling of Migrants - A Global Review and Annotated Bibliography of Recent Publications
- Conceptualisation of migrant smuggling, pp. 9-15
- Smuggler-migrant relationships, pp. 74-77
- Organisational structures of smuggling networks, pp. 78-82
- Schrover, Marlou and others. "Introduction: Illegal migration and gender in a global and historical perspective." pp. 9-28, Schrover, Marlou, Van Der Leun, Joanne, Lucassen, Leo and Chris Quispel (eds) (2008),
Illegal Migration and Gender in a Global and Historical Perspective
- International Organization for Migration (2017),
How Should Migrant Smuggling be Confronted?
- Gallagher, Anne and Jorgen Carling (2017), "
Migrant Smugglers are Winning. Here's why",
World Economic Forum